Dialog Case Study
Dell Technologies Services Messaging and Global Validation
Embracing a new IT services future
Dell Technologies Services provides a broad range of endpoint and infrastructure services for customers around the world, including IT consulting, device deployment, cloud design and migration, and security.
Dell sales teams were challenged to articulate the overall services story as it increasingly came to include an astonishingly broad array of services that had grown to include a layer of smart connectivity that gave IT access to a new universe of real-time information about their assets and environments.
The challenge was twofold: how to simplify the overall services story and how to differentiate the new generation of information-based services from other OEMs offering.
Positioning, naming, market validation, creative expression
Developed a succinct, impactful way to talk about this new services capability that articulated the ways in which it was unrivalled because of the depth and breadth of dell’s product portfolio, customer base and corresponding data lake
- After a discovery research and discorvery process that included stakeholder workshops, Dialog built a new messaging architecture based on how top sellers spoke to the aspects of Dell’s ecosystem and how introduced the services conversation as the thread that ties everything together
- Dialog conducted a global validation study in eight markets that two approaches for branding the new technology
- Tested across eight global markets
- Tested with participants from SMB, Enterprise Commercial Enterprise Products customers
- Measured how messaging resonated with current and potential customers
- Captured which value proposition performed better in combination with messaging
- The winning Value Proposition, which subsequently was translated into customer-facing assets including a sales presentation and customer-facing videos
“We finally have a way to talk about a lot of complicated layers of technology in a way that resonates with sellers and customers.”
VP, Services Marketing
81% of respondents said they would take a meeting based on hearing The Winning Value Proposition.
Dell Services had a new way to talk about the ongoing evolution of their services portfolio.
Gave the brand a powerful bridge for transitioning to the new Dell Apex “everything as a service” delivery model
We would love to hear from you.