Dialog Case Study
Building a 5-Star Channel Program
AMD Commercial Channel
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is an American multinational semiconductor company based in Santa Clara, California, that develops computer processors and related technologies for business and consumer markets.
AMD was experiencing significant growth in the commercial market to match that of their success in the consumer market. And while they had a robust channel program for the Systems Builder channel, they had no formalized program for the Commercial Channel to support VARs, Systems Integrators, and Distributors. The opportunity existed to build to better position the company for success with high value-add partners and to create clearer differentiation between partner types and program entitlements.
Insights, Action, and Creative Strategy
Leading with program strategy, Dialog created a complete program for the channel and system for delivering it globally. This included:
- Segmentation strategy in order to identify the highest value segments with the highest likelihood for conversion
- Competitive benchmarking to identify AMD advantages and unique program elements to trump existing programs
- Partner modeling to determine tiers and required qualifications
- Cascading criteria for partner benefits and branding by partner level and type
- Created and helped to launch a three-tier partner program with unique branding to reflect the audiences for each
- Lead and managed all global channel marketing and sales support efforts
- Value Proposition development, messaging architecture creation, and visual identity highlighting the unique value proposition for VARs
- Development of program tiers and identifying badging
- Brand development for the Channel Program
Worldwide Channel Partners grew from 1,200 to 4,100 in a single year
Launched the program in 16 countries and 10 languages within the first year
AMD Channel Program was also recognized by CRN as a 5-Star Channel Program the year after it launched
We would love to hear from you.