Case Study: VMware Awareness
A new messaging framework was needed that nested within the corporate messaging framework, while addressing challenges and pain points specific to federal government, state and local government, higher education, and K-12 education audiences.
- Undertook a comprehensive review of existing materials, sales team tools, and corporate communication.
- Researched key trends in public sector segments, their impact on technology planning, and alignment with VMware solutions.
- Conducted two dozen interviews with sales and other internal teams to inform sales process, customer perceptions, and viewpoints.
- Messaging frameworks for four key public sector segments that ladder up to corporate messaging while addressing the unique needs of each audience
- One page reference tool for each segment within the public sector that both sales and marketing can leverage for customer communications
- Segment-specific customer-facing presentations that reframe the sales conversation, highlighting VMware’s knowledge of the landscape as well as customer challenges