To apply for this position visit:
We are launching a new digital magazine in December and we need a self-driven, creative with great writing & web research skills to assist the Managing Editor with content curation, as well as coordination of multimedia assets, marketing campaigns and launch.
Gather story assets (photos, headshots, bios), research and source articles, schedule podcast & article interviews, link building and posting digital content on website, coordinate podcast recording needs, interface with illustrators and art dept, proofread and post articles. Potentially assist with event coordination, writing press releases, working on campaign launches. Assist managing editor as needed.
• Application deadline: Continuous
• Start date: Immediate
• End date: TBD (renewal contract dependent on performance review)
• Location: Dialog Group, 908 Congress Ave., Second Floor, Austin, Texas 78701
• Hours: 15-20 hours per week
• Availability: Availability by phone, email and/or social media, in the case of a work emergency. Working remote is acceptable if needed however working on-site is preferred.
• Compensation: $12/hr
Benefits of Dialog’s Internship Program:
• Class credit, if desired (interns assume full responsibility for course requirements)
• Experience consulting and executing for mid-to-large-sized businesses which will add impressive experience to your resume
• The opportunity to get experience launching a digital magazine
• Development of business & journalistic acumen
• A network of colleagues and mentors who will advocate for you and support your growth
• Training on marketing techniques and technologies from some of the best minds in the business
Skills We Look For and/or Regard Highly:
• Copywriting skills
• Analytical thinking
• Argument formation
• Public speaking
• Customer service/management
• PowerPoint design
• Data manipulation in Excel
• Branding and/or corporate storytelling
• Content marketing
• Social media management & strategy
• Design thinking
• Ability to communicate complex concepts simply and elegantly
• Lifelong learner/autodidact
Extra credit if you have knowledge, skills or experience in:
• Data visualization
• Video or audio editing experience
• Application development
• Science background or interests in computer science, engineering or complex systems
• Understanding of network / ecosystem behavior
• Event planning
Journalism, RTF, Marketing, Design and other communications majors are preferred, but all are welcome to apply. Previous editorial experience is highly regarded.
How to Apply
Please send resume, LinkedIn profile URL (if available), and cover letter to Careers@dialoggroup.com.