The Job Description
Dialog is a strategic marketing firm like no other. Our clients include Fortune 500 Blue Chips, Pioneers and upstarts in technology, hospitality, healthcare and financial services to name a few. As such we are privileged to work with market leaders on cutting-edge issues.
Our mission is to accelerate our client’s growth. We do that by marrying business model innovation, strategy, deep digital expertise, and an ability to lead and drive change at all levels of an organization.
We are located in the creative hub of downtown Austin in two historic buildings a mere block and a half south of the impressive state capitol building.
Our environment is truly diverse and intense. Our innovation network includes C-suite leaders from education, healthcare, business and government. We are affiliated with the Sante Fe Institute which boasts three or four Nobel Laureates. As such, we offer an incredible environment for self-actualization and we deliver practical insights derived from our proven discovery approach which we call Radical Clarity™. At Dialog we understand our clients’ businesses in a deep, holistic, and creative way, uncovering disruptive solutions that drive business results. Our modern marketing approach demands an aggressive pace, highly creative, and analytical minds. This is the power of Dialog.
At the same time, we are deeply committed to reinventing not only our clients business but helping to write at least a chapter on the book of 21st century management. Part of that is a belief in the power of our team to impact not only our clients organizations but their people through the power of ours. We are a community that supports each other in personal and professional growth. You could say we are a community of human performance hackers.
If your passion is to make marketing, general management and human performance your life’s work, if you are one of those truly rare people who kicks ass with an open heart and mind then we would like to start a dialog.
Dialog is seeking an Account Director to lead strategy, business planning and oversee execution of marketing programs for a technology manufacturer targeting the Public Sector. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in developing actionable, results-oriented B-to-B marketing solutions on behalf of technology brands. A blend of client-side and marketing services lineage as well as public sector (education, healthcare, government) experience are highly preferred. This position is located at our headquarters in Austin, Texas.
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of strategic business plans and go-to-market plans that drive to clients goal
- Primary account lead for a LOB/segment marketing division within a Dialog strategic account
- Develop strong relationships with client stakeholders at all levels including executive leadership
- Lead account development strategy and continuously identify opportunities for solutions that align with client needs
- Socialize Dialog philosophy, capabilities, credentials and case studies among prospective stakeholders
- Co-lead needs assessment, discovery & planning with client stakeholders in support of developing marketing solutions to meet business objectives
- Provide subject matter expertise & insights around target customer purchase behavior (i.e. technology purchases in healthcare, education, etc.)
- Recommend, refine and optimize go-to-market strategies and tactics in partnership with client marketing stakeholders against key performance indicators
- Oversee execution of all marketing programs & tactics to ensure they are on-strategy
- Work with associate consultant and planning lead to ensure account profitability and resource utilization/efficiency
- Ensure contributing team members are thoroughly briefed and that the needs of the client, of Dialog and the team are well balanced
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of Dialog outside of day-to-day account responsibilities
- Degree in marketing, communications, business or equivalent – MBA strongly preferred
- Experience working client-side for a large enterprise brand
- Experience working for a marketing services firm or top-tier consulting firm
- Proven experience developing and managing complex marketing programs resulting in measureable business outcomes
- Experience working for or in service to a major technology manufacturer strongly preferred
- Healthcare and/or Education sector marketing experience strongly preferred
- 10-15 years of marketing experience including sr. manager-, director-, and/or consultant-level roles
- Must be proficient in assessing complex business challenges and developing integrated marketing solutions
- Must have experience successfully working within complex, highly-matrixed marketing organizations
- Must have successfully managed to financial growth targets (client-side and/or services-side)
- Familiarity with complex distribution models, b-to-b marketing best practices, trends in public sector marketing
- Demonstrates through action an understanding that execution validates strategy and is critical to client retention
- Other attributes of the ideal candidate include: Critical thinking, collaborative work-style, innovative, pragmatic, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, self-starter, goal oriented